Yield: 2 racks
Active Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
8 T. light brown sugar, tightly packed
3 T. kosher salt
1 T. chipotle seasoning
1 c. white wine
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. honey
2 cloves garlic, chopped
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- Sprinkle each side generously with 1 T dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat.
- Refrigerate the ribs for 1 – 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid.
- Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the foil packet, discarding braising liquid. Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly.
- Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions.
- Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.
Notes: *This recipe makes several batches of dry rub. If more rub is needed, it can be extended by any amount, as long as the ratio of 8:3:1 remains the same.
*If you use too much rub, the braise sauce will be salty. And never use anything other than kosher salt.
Source: Food Network
Original URL: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe.html