Yield: 8 servings
Active Time: 30 mins Total Time: 90 minutes
2 jars marinara sauce
2 T oregano
1 T basil
1 T rosemary
2 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
2/3 c. white wine
1 c shredded mozzarella
9 lasagna noodles
9 oz. ricotta
- In a large pot, combine both jars of sauce, oregano and basil. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Cook lasagna per package instructions.
- Brown ground beef. Add half the wine and stir, simmer until wine is absorbed. Add remaining wine and stir and simmer again.
- In 9” square pan, add one ladle of sauce. Spread to cover bottom of pan in an even layer.
- Add 3 lasagna noodles, cutting to fit.
- Add beef to remaining sauce and stir.
- Cover noodles with sauce.
- Dot sauce with 1/3 of the ricotta, in half teasponfuls. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- Add a layer of noodles, cross-wise to first layer. Top with sauce and cheese, and repeat.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-50 minutes, until the center is warm.
Notes: Also handy to make in two loaf pans, freezing one for later. It’s convenient to use the left-over ricotta for manicotti
Source: Tiffani’s own recipe