Yield: 22 cupcakes or one cake
Active Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 1-2 hours
Yellow cake mix
Ingredients for yellow cake mix
½ tub chocolate frosting (fudge is best)
1 2/3 c heavy whipping cream
1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c milk
- Mix the cake according to package directions. Pour into cupcake wrappers in cupcake pans. Allow to cool.
- Remove the wrappers, and slice cupcakes in half horizontally.
- Put all cream ingredients in a cold bowl and whip at high speed until stiff.
- Place a spoonful of cream on the bottom halves and replace tops.
- Melt the frosting in the microwave for ~15 seconds, or until it is a thick liquid. Spoon over the tops of each cupcake and allow to run down the sides.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Note: A half tub of frosting will cover the cupcakes lightly. For complete coverage, use the whole tub. I thought it was okay with yellow cake, but I suspect it would be better with something more flavorful. It would likely do well as a full cake.